Weekly Reads is a collection of interesting, inspiring or thought-provoking blog posts, articles and resources from around the web.
- Melanie writes about people as priorities.
- Landon DeCrastos explores four discourging thoughts pastors have.
- Jeff Grippen with some very good, very practical advice.
- An oldie, but goodie. Phil Drysdale asks: is your pastor polishing a turd? Good read for all church goers and how we view grace.
- Sobering: the most common factors in declining churches.
- And how to turn it around: Thom Rainer with seven habits of outwardly-focused churches; and six insights into evangelism in post-Christian Western Europe.
- Fun: how each MBTI type handles stress. Don’t know your type? Take either of these free tests: 1 or 2. They take five to ten minutes.
Quote of the week
“Silence isn’t merely not speaking. Silence is what is left over in our minds after a more powerful voice than our own fills our headspace; before it is again crowded full of thoughts and words.” Jorg Zink