A weekly Smörgåsbord of news, articles, resources and blog posts.
What is the relation of [contemplation] to action? Simply this. He who attempts to act and do things for others or for the world without deepening his own self-understanding, freedom, integrity, and capacity to love, will not have anything to give others. He will communicate to them nothing but the contagion of his own obsessions, his aggressiveness, his ego-centered ambitions, his delusions about ends and means, his doctrinaire prejudices and ideas. There is nothing more tragic in the modern world than the misuse of power and action. —Thomas Merton
- Desmond Tutu’s daughter has left the Anglican church because it does not recognise her (same sex) marriage.
- Ed Stetzer writes wisely about Christianity’s struggles with mental illness.
- One good writer quotes another on the problem with Christian “branding”. 
- Debbie Fulthorpe shares ten practical ways to promote women in church.
- Rev Jerry Kulah believes he speaks for all African Christian leaders when he says that the American Methodist church – which is moving towards LGBTI inclusion – is giving in to cultural Christianity.  Recently more than a hundred United Methodist Clergy came out.
- 10 Talents introverts don’t realise they have.
 I recently stopped reading a perfectly solid Christian book because of its excessive branding. The author pastored a church with a catchy, but it seems ultimately, untrue catch phrase, and filled the book with a lot of anecdotes about this (mega) church.
 He doesn’t.